Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Growing up too quick


During yet another conversation about our move, Mason and I covered our usual topics: yes, the toys will come with us, no the walls will stay behind, yes we have to take Landon, etc., etc. When I began to explain to him that we would have to move out of this house before our new home would be completed, he looked at me and said, "That is going to be a real obstacle. You know what an obstacle is, right mom?" I assured him that I indeed knew what an obstacle was, but that was not sufficient enough for him. He proceeded to give me the definition of an obstacle: "something that is difficult to get around, over or through". I commended him on being such a smart little boy. He responded by patting my leg and assuring me that he would help me get through this obstacle. Who can ask for more than that?

1 comment:

Andi Hawkins said...

What a hunk! If I had a daughter I would be introducing her to Mason... I am so glad you have him to get you through. Ha!