Thursday, May 8, 2008

7 Random Things About Me

Thanks for the tag, Julie. I will try not to disappoint.

1. I had my belly button pierced in high school by a man named Elvis.

2. I have had 3 surgeries in the last 10 years: two hernias and one on my wrist.

3. I am guaranteed to fit into the "less than 5 percent" category when it comes to health issues, yet have never had common illnesses such as the flu, strep throat, etc. I have made it my life's mission to baffle doctors. Here are just a few instances: born with a hole in my earlobe that my sinuses drained from (I know, disgusting...they surgically closed it up at age 5, so no worries), I have had 2 hernias, I have these funky extra "muscles" in my mouth (ask me to show them to you sometime), I had preeclampsia with both pregnancies, I am the only patient my dentist has had in 12 years that was allergic to a mouth guard...the list could go on forever.

4. I am secretly in love with Motocross and can often be found watching it on Sunday afternoons.

5. I am either the most laid back Type A personality you will ever meet or the most organized Type B...haven't quite figured it out yet.

6. I moved every year between 4th grade and 9th grade.

7. I am extremely warm natured, which is why my hair is in a ponytail 95% (or more) of the time.

I tag Andi Hawkins and Sara Whitelaw.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Wow..you are seriously "Medically" interesting!!! You should keep the list going on that one!

Andrea said...

I just caught up and love your blog April! What a creative and funny girl you are...

Andi Hawkins said...

So just seven random things? I am so boring, but I will go for it.

the Whitelaws said...

I'll try, this may take some thinking.

Julie T said...

Thanks for being a good sport about being tagged! I loved your responses, and your mother's day thoughts!