Sunday, May 4, 2008

Monkey in the Middle

Can someone please tell me which one is the monkey in this picture? I can't seem to see a difference these days. For those of you that know my boys, you are well aware of how vastly different the two are. I am in constant awe of the way God can create such different little humans from the same two people. I am also amazed at the unbelievable love I feel for both of them and the way I am able to accept and appreciate their differences. I love to watch with pride...and sometimes horror when I see those glimpses of my personality that shine through in both of them, and enjoy just as much those moments when I know there is no way that child could possibly be related to me. :)

Landon has always loved monkeys and I know it has to be because he can relate so well to them. Life is one big game of climbing trees, making faces, and flinging...well, I can promise you he would do that also if I let him! But, at the end of the day, he is more than happy to cuddle up in my lap. I am confident he would even pick the fleas from my hair, if the day ever came that I had any. His smile can melt even the hardest of hearts and those big blue eyes get him out of a lot of trouble!



Mason is my engineer in the making. He has always been fascinated by how things work, why they work the way they do, and how they were put together. He is very inquisitive and is constantly full of questions...most of which end up with a "hmm, that is a good question. We will have to ask daddy" response from me. One day when I said this to him, he looked at me with a sympathetic look and said, "Dad knows everything, doesn't he". I loved that his expression was one of sympathy for me as if I don't have a clue. His tender heart and gorgeous eyes have all the girls pining for him.

Oh, and by the way, if I am ever in shock and awe over the fact that my children are sticking their tongues out at people, please remind me of this photo:



No comments: